Town of Banner Elk, North Carolina

    Permits & Forms

    Information about Permits and Forms is available by contacting the Town Hall. You may click the links below to start your process.

    Water and Sewer Service

    Residential - Water & Sewer Application

    Commercial - Water & Sewer Application

    Restaurant - Water & Sewer Application



    Occupancy Tax Reporting Form  PDF

    Occupancy Tax Reporting Form in EXCEL is available by email

    Planning and Zoning

    Tree Removal Permit

    Application for a Zoning Permit

    Application for a Sign Permit

    Application for Amending the Zoning Ordinance or the Zoning Map

    Application for Subdivision of Land

    Application for a Special Use Permit

    Application for a Floodplain Development Permit

    Short Term Rental (STR) Application

    Application for a Variance


    Request To Intervene at Board of Adjustment

    Fireworks Permit

    Exceed the Noise Ordinance Permit

    Parade, Picketline or Demostration Permit

    Tourism Development Authority Application for Funding

    Burning Permit

    Development Services

    The information below is offered to assist in development planning. While we hope this information will be of benefit it should not substitute a visit to Town Hall to meet with staff to discuss your plan.

    Planned Development Flowchart

    Planned Development Checklist


    You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these forms.
    [Click Here For Adobe Reader]



    Interactive Map

    The link below will take you to the Towns new interactive map site.

    Burn Permit

    Link to NCFS Website